Volusion and Shopify are the two most popular eCommerce platforms that allow retailers to build their online store and sell easily. As the purpose of both is the same and that is to enable online sellers to create and maintain their online store, however, both services are provided by different companies, so the main difference arises based on the price of the store and basic and additional features. .
What is Volusion?
Volusion is an eCommerce website builder that enables online retailers and sellers to create, maintain, and run their own online shopping cart. It features store builder, design, marketing, eCommerce, secure hosting, built-in SEO, free slideshow, Android integration, easy editor, customizable storefront layout, multiple navigation style, featured logo and products, and over 900 tools. additional design and marketing. Volusion offers several high-quality free and premium design templates to build your store the way you want. By using Volusion, a great looking and hassle free eCommerce site. This allows retailers to customize the default templates and settings at any time. Volusion has four planes: Mini at €15/month, Plus at €35/month, Pro at €75/month, and Premium at €135/month.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is also an eCommerce and store builder platform that allows retailers and sellers to sell their products online by building their online store with Shopify’s store builder features. It launched in 2004, and according to Shopify, it has 165,000 online store owners today. With the help of Shopify, sellers who want to can easily create their online store or can add eCommerce features to an existing site as well. Allows store configuration in events, pop-up and other features in a retail store. Shopify features include: 100+ professional themes, HTML and CSS editing option, mobile commerce, own domain name, website builder, Full blogging platform, secure shopping cart, automatic carrier shipping rates and many more. Shopify has three paid plans: Basic @ €29/month, Professional @ €79/month, and Unlimited @ €179/month.
- Volusion was established in 1999 while Shopify was established in 2004, so Volusion has five more years of experience compared to Shopify.
- Shopify has over 165,000 store owners today, while Volusion has over 60,000 store owners today.
- The real-time carrier shipping option is not available in Volusion while it is provided by Shopify.
- Shopify has unlimited bandwidth while Volusion has limited bandwidth.
- Shopify offers Rackspace hosting, while Volusion has its own in-house data center.
- Shopify’s credit card fee charge is 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction, while Volusion has a plan and that’s 2.17% transaction.
- Volusion has four paid plans: Mini at €15/month, Plus at €35/month, Pro at €75/month, and Premium at €135/month. Shopify has three paid plans: Basic at €29/month, Professional at €79/month, and Unlimited at €179/month.
- Volusion’s store development feature is more advanced and higher-ranking compared to Shopify.