Difference between Vision and Mission
The main difference between vision and mission is that Vision states the future state of the company on the other side. The mission is organized to achieve the visionary status of the company.
vision vs. Mission
The vision is the future state of a company, but the mission is the key to achieving that state. Vision requires more than a statement. The mission has a short and concise statement. Vision is effect while mission is cause of vision. The vision is a future situation, while the mission is the current situation. Vision talk about where we want to go? Does the mission say how can we go? Vision works to inspire people; on the other hand; mission informs the people. The source of the vision is the heart, while the source of the mission is the head. The vision remains the same, but the mission can change over time. The vision aspires to achieve our goals in reverse, the mission sets goals. The vision comes first and the mission second. Vision is the destined place, while a mission is a path or path to that place. The activity of the vision is to see, but the mission is. Vision offers challenges. The mission clears things up. Vision cannot be used for daily procedures while a mission is a plan of daily tasks.
|The term that describes the future prospects of an organization is called vision.||The term that describes how to pursue future goals is called a mission.|
|Time / Phase|
|Future||present to future|
|Talk about “Where”||Talk about “How”|
|Where does our goal lie?||How can we achieve our goal?|
|It remains the same||You can change|
|Aspire to achieve goals||Set goals for success|
What is the Vision?
The vision is a progressive statement that answers some questions, that is, what do we do to move forward? When we do, what will be our future? What will be new? A vision statement describes the organization’s ambitions to achieve the organization’s future position. It shows the spirit of a company for success. It helps the company to establish its strategic objectives. A strong vision helps the team work for the best of your company. He not only negotiates the future of the company but also the future of the community in which he can bring about changes. Characteristics of operational vision testimony include unambiguous precision, a colorful picture of the future, haunting expressions, achievable inspirations, alignment with company values, ethnicity, limited time to achieve a goal. The vision is not the road or a map, but a destination; Thus,
- Google : to offer access to the world encyclopedia with a single click.
- Apple : We are on this planet to make great products that are not going to change.
- Microsoft – A PC on every counter and in every home.
- Coca Cola : To pursue our mission, we must set our goals, which will work with our manufacturer to deliver on people, portfolio, partners, planet, profit and productivity.
- Toyota : To be the most successful and respected automobile company in the United States.
- Nestlé : Offer consumers food that is safe, nutritious and that meets all physiological requirements.
What is the Mission?
The mission is a brief statement that explains the reason for the presence of a company. It explains the purposes of the company and its determination. Supports the vision and communicates ideas and directions to employees, customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders. Answer the questions: what is the purpose of our company? Why do we exist here? What are we going to do today? Who are we doing all this for? Directs the daily operations of the company. Help in tactical planning. A company does not originally change its mission statement, but it can change depending on the circumstances. It describes the company’s agenda in society and throughout the world. The mission is a motivational statement that helps employees work together as a team. Because it is helpful for employees to feel the perception of purpose,
- Google : to systematize the world’s data and make it available to users.
- Apple : Provide the best user friendliness to our customers through the provision of advanced hardware and software.
- Microsoft : To inspire every person on earth to achieve more and more
- Coca Cola : To refresh the world, aspiring moments of happiness through our brand, creating our value to make a difference.
- Toyota : Enthrall and engage customers with high-value products and amenities and America’s most satisfying property.
- Nestlé : good food, good life.
- The word vision explains the future position of a company; on the other hand, the word mission explains the means to achieve the future position.
- The vision is made up of a long statement, while the mission has a short statement.
- The vision is developed in the present that takes us to the future while the mission is for the present.
- The vision negotiates “Where” on the other side; the mission negotiates the “How.”
- Vision responds to “where do we want to go?” On the contrary, the mission answers to “how can we go?”.
- The vision drives the aspirations while forming a mission to inform.
- The vision remains the same for an organization, but the mission can change based on the requirements.
- The vision inspires people to pursue goals on the other side; mission set goals.
- The vision is planned first while the mission follows the vision.
The vision is an evolving statement that describes a company’s future goals and destination, and the mission is a short, organized statement that indicates how to achieve our goals for success.