What is the update?
Update means to modernize, improve, revise or bring something new and an updated version in a product with the help of code patches released by the software developer or operator. The update is usually associated with the software or operating system of any computing device. Updating basically fixes problems in a program or software that were not present at the time of development or were mistakenly forgotten by the developer. So in the update there is no physical replacement of the product. It simply means bringing the older version of a software to the latest version without having to replace it.
What is Upgrade?
Upgrading means replacing the old product or merchandise with a completely new version of the same product or merchandise. The term upgrade is used primarily with computer and electronic devices and means the replacement of hardware, software, or any part with a newer and better version for the purpose of improving product features. In upgrading computers, common examples include installing additional RAM, replacing larger hard drives with smaller hard drives, replacing processors or graphics cards, or installing the latest software.
- Updating primarily deals with the software and operating system of any computing device while upgrading deals with both software and hardware.
- Upgrading means making some changes to an existing product without actually replacing it. Updating means to introduce something new or the latest version of the old product.
- The update is done with the help of code patches released by the developer or programmer, as you can see in the form of Windows update notification. Upgrading means totally manufacturing the latest model or version, there is also some pattern of old product.
- Upgrading is an intangible development, while upgrading is a form of tangible development.
- The update can be free and usually the price is free as it updates the existing version of MS Office. Upgrading means physically replacing a product, so that means you have to buy it from the market, which incurs costs.
- Updates are more necessary compared to updating