It is the development of skills and aptitudes through the incorporation of new knowledge. Today’s educational systems include numerous subjects that a person must study and to which many hours of work must be devoted. To do this, various techniques or strategies are developed to facilitate the study.
During the study it is necessary to request support from people who handle the subject, you must be concentrated, study techniques such as index cards and underlining must be applied. For the study it is not necessary to memorize, learning must be based on understanding, critical sense and synthesis.
It is a process by which abilities, skills, behaviors, knowledge and values are modified through experience, study, reasoning, instruction and observation. This process has been analyzed from different points of view, so there are numerous theories about learning. It is one of the most important mental functions in humans, artificial systems and animals.
Various factors such as values and the environment are involved in learning. In the human being it is related to education and personal development. It leads to behavioral changes as a result of experience, but these changes can be affected by biological rhythms, diseases and maturational factors.
Differences between study and learning
- Learning is a process by which we acquire certain skills, assimilate information or adopt new strategies.
- The study is an exercise of acquisition, understanding and assimilation to know or understand something. It requires methods and knowledge.
- The study is unique to humans.
- Learning is not unique to humans.
- The study requires a method
- Learning is the result of our experiences and the environment that surrounds us.