The main difference between season and climate is that season is the division of the climate in the year that occurs due to the Earth’s rotation around the sun, while climate is the current state of the atmosphere due to pressure. atmosphere, temperature and humidity.
season vs. Weather
The season is the division of the climate in the year that is defined, while the climate is the current atmospheric state. The season occurs due to the rotation of the Earth around the sun and the angle of the Earth between the axis of rotation and the orbital axis with respect to the plane of the ecliptic. Rather, weather occurs due to the fluctuation of atmospheric temperature, precipitation, and humidity. The season is the long-term effect on the geographic area; On the other hand, the weather is a short-term effect that can vary from hours to several days.
The season affects the large geographical area with the same temperature as the northern hemispheres and the southern hemisphere exhibits the same weather conditions, while the weather affects the small region like rain, storm, dust, clouds, which may vary from place to place . Season is considered to be a specific time, including mating season, breeding season, rainy season, blooming season, etc.; on the other hand, climate can include unpleasant weather conditions.
The season causes and imprints the effect on the plants as their dormant stage, hibernation stage, reproduction stage; On the other hand, the climate does not cause the effect on the habitat or the organism, being the short-term condition. Seasons vary and have four main states like summer, winter, spring and autumn with polar and temperate regions as well while climates occur due to current state being wet, cold, dry, cloudy, clear, rainy , stormy or dusty. .
|The season is the meteorological division in the year according to geographical importance, which occurs due to the rotation of the Earth around the sun.||Climate is the current atmospheric condition that occurs due to a change in atmospheric temperature, pressure, and humidity.|
|In the distance from the Earth to the sun||Due to atmospheric pressure, temperature and humidity.|
|Effect on habitat|
|It affects the stage of inactivity, hibernation and reproduction.||It does not affect the habitat of the organism.|
|large geographic area||small area|
|duration of durable|
|hours to days||For months|
What is the season?
The season is the meteorological division in the year that is defined according to the geographical importance of any place, whether it is present in the northern hemisphere or the southern hemisphere. The season occurs due to the rotation of the Earth around the sun and the angle of the Earth between the axis of rotation and the orbital axis with respect to the plane of the ecliptic. Depending on changes in the intensity of light reaching Earth in temperate and polar regions, the seasons vary from place to place. In the polar regions, animals exhibit hibernation or migration, while plants are in torpor.
The seasons have variations mainly in the northern and southern hemispheres. In the northern hemisphere, the intensity of solar radiation is high in May, June and July. In contrast, in the southern hemisphere, the intensity of the sun is high in November, December and January because the sun looks directly at these hemispheres. The season covers a large geographical area with the same climatic conditions.
There are four classes of seasons, which are considered to be cooler and warmer seasons with two intermediate seasonal conditions, which are autumn and spring.
Modern mid-latitude ecological classification
- Prevernal: Early or pre spring from February to March.
- Vernal: It is spring from mid-March to the end of April.
- Summer: It begins in June, the trees are completely green and the time of hatching of the birds.
- Serotinal: It is from mid to late August, the time of maturity of the birds, the deciduous leaves change color.
- Autumn: It is from the middle to the end of September. The leaves began to fall and turned brown.
- Hibernal: It is winter in December and November; the trees are bare.
What is the weather?
Weather is the state of coldness, dryness, precipitation, wind, humidity, rainy, calm, stormy, clear or cloudy. These climatic conditions vary in short-term fluctuations as atmospheric pressure, temperature and humidity determine the climatic situation. These conditions generally prevail in the region of the troposphere that is below the stratosphere. The climate does not influence the habitat of the organisms because it affects the region for a short period of hours to several days.
Climate is not affected by the Earth’s distance from the sun. The weather affects the small geographic area more than the season. Weather is also called routine atmospheric state. The Hadley cell, the Ferrel cell, the polar cell and the jet stream are the large-scale atmospheric circulations, which are produced by the contrasting temperature of the polar and tropical air.
In climatic conditions, higher altitudes reach lower temperatures while lower altitudes reach higher temperatures. As the system is chaotic, the effect can be more substantial for small changes in a region, and this instability in the weather makes it less predictable to forecast the weather. Weather modification has also been observed on many occasions, but China successfully approached it in 2008 during the preparations for the Olympic Games.
Inadvertent and affective modifications have also been observed by humans that are caused by acid rain, greenhouse gases that increase global warming, anthropogenic pollutants, and heat as well. The weather has also had disastrous effects on the population such as Hurricane Katrina, the tsunami. Famine in Europe, France and Finland had been hit hard in history.
- The season is the result of the Earth’s rotation around the sun and the angle of the Earth between the axis of rotation and the orbital axis in relation to the plane of the ecliptic, while the weather is the result of atmospheric pressure, temperature and humidity.
- The season is the division of weather in the year that is defined, while the climate is the current atmospheric condition.
- Season is the long-term effect of weather or atmospheric conditions; On the other side of the coin, weather is the short-term effect of atmospheric conditions.
- The season affects the conditions of the large geographical area such as the northern hemisphere and the southern hemisphere; on the other hand, the weather affects the small geographic area.
- The season affects the habitat of organisms in a specific area such as breeding season, dormant season, hibernation; On the other hand, the climate does not affect the habitat of the organisms, the effect being short-term.
- The season is considered to be a specific time, which includes the mating season, the flowering season, etc.; on the other hand, climate can include unpleasant atmospheric conditions.
- The seasons vary and have four main states like summer, winter, spring and autumn while climates occur due to the current state being wet, cold, dry, cloudy, clear, rainy, stormy or dusty.
The season occurs due to the revolution of the Earth around the sun, while the weather occurs due to the change in atmospheric temperature, pressure and humidity, which occurs mainly in the troposphere.