It is a rodent that is said to come from Asia, specifically India and Persia. The great adaptability of this animal allowed it to colonize worldwide. There are various species of rats, the para rat and the black rat being the best known worldwide for their peri-urban ecology.
They are in the places, leaving aside the poles. These rodents have an elongated body, pointed snout, long ears, and a long, thin, bare tail with small scales and short hairs. Its fur is thick and of variable color depending on the species, it can be short and soft or long, woolly and rough.
The size of the rats depends on what species it is. Most of the species weigh between 95 grams and 240 grams and have a length of between 17 and 21 centimeters. The tail is always as long as the body.
The mouse is a rodent that belongs to the genus Mus. The oldest fossils date from the Upper Miocene and were found in Africa and Asia. Mice normally weigh between 12 and 40 grams and can be between 15 and 19 centimeters long including the tail. His fur is short and gray. They do not have much hair, on the tail and ears.
Difference Between Rat and Mouse
- Rats are rodents of average size, they have a pointed snout, a tail as long as their body and devoid of hair, and the color of their fur depends on the species.
- Mice are small rodents, with a pointed snout, small bars, and a sparsely furred tail.
- Rats are part of the genus Rattus.
- Mice belong to the genus Mus.
- 65 species of rats are known.
- 30 species of mice are known.
- The most common rats are the black rat and the brown rat.
- The most common type of mouse is the common house mouse or Mus Musculus.