The main difference is that the procedure is a standard or a way of doing certain things and usually the function is the result of that process or the goal that was set to achieve the performance of certain procedures. For example, the function of the knife is to cut, and the cutting procedure is performed by holding the knife and putting its sharp edge against the surface to be cut. In the same way, a court fulfills the function of doing justice through the procedure of trials and arguments.
What is the procedure?
A procedure is a specific way of performing certain functions. It is a standard process that follows a series of steps in a specific order and then brings up the result. Procedures are usually an official way of carrying out certain tasks, the judicial procedure, the clinical trial, etc. A procedure may end unsuccessfully.
What is the function?
A function is a set of processes that may or may not produce a change. A function is made up of initial elements and final results. For example, the function of a sewing machine is to sew fabric with thread. A machine can also have many functions. Like a computer that uses binary code language and performs the tasks we command or a human body that functions to survive and provide adequate oxygen supply to all tissues.
- The procedure is a way of doing things, while the function is what is done.
- The procedure is a standard way, if you change it will be completely another procedure, the final results may be the same. But if a function is changed, it will be a completely new function and the final result will also change.
- A function can be performed through different procedures.
- A function is the objective or goal of a society or Machine while a Procedure is the way of doing things.
- A procedure can be completed without performing the function, but a function can never be accomplished without procedures.
- A procedure is a word from English literature, while functions are also mathematical terms.