Difference between pregnancy symptoms and PMS symptoms
However, many of the women felt confused when differentiating on these symptoms, especially the one who has never been pregnant before is always at a loss for words to describe if she is going to have her period or if she is aware of the big news (pregnancy). The difference that totally distinguishes them is that most women experience nausea and vomiting as a symptom of pregnancy, whereas that is not the case as a symptom of menstruation or menustration.
What are the symptoms of pregnancy?
Despite the fact that one can quickly learn about their pregnancy in this tech-obsessed world simply by using the pregnancy check strip, many continue to naturally feel it as some of the distinguishable pregnancy symptoms from time to time. Many of the women face symptoms so strong that they cannot even hide it from anyone as they suffer from uncontrollable nausea and vomiting. Some women even become so picky about their diet and become allergic to some smells that they immediately feel dizzy or start vomiting.
What are the symptoms of PMS?
PMS are the set of symptoms that women feel about a week or two before their period starts. Women have their periods according to the rotating menstrual cycle, unless there are irregularities. The symptoms are strong enough to know women who will soon have periods and before tampons or sanitary pads are inserted. The other thing is that the diet of women is also altered as she cannot eat according to her usual routine as she feels various changes compared to the daily routine such as fatigue, illness and anxiety.
- Some women experience light bleeding or spotting after 10 to 14 days after conception and it is seen as the first sign of pregnancy. It is a light bleeding, which can be easily distinguished from blood flow in periods. Although, in premenstrual syndrome no bleeding of this type occurs.
- As after conception, the body underwent hormonal changes and that directly affects the digestive system and leads to constipation. On the other hand, constipation is a rare case seen as a symptom of PMS.
- Women rely on symptoms when it comes time for PMS, while in the case of pregnancy they get a cheap and easy blood test that tells them if the pregnancy is positive or not.
- Another strong pregnancy symptom is that you may feel like you have to urinate frequently; on the other hand, no such signs are seen in premenstrual syndrome.
- Anxiety and depression are the most prominent signs along with cramps in various parts of the body as a sign of PMS, although as a pregnancy symptom, mood swings are one of the most prominent signs.
- The constant rise in temperature (after ovulation) is also one of the strong indications that you might be pregnant, on the other hand, as the temperature of PMS symptoms rises slightly, but that would not be constant.