Pinterest and Instagram are basically visual social photo sharing sites where everyone can upload images for others to see. The main difference between Instagram and Pinterest is applying filters to photos. Pinterest is a visual bookmarking tool that helps you discover and save creative ideas, while Instagram focuses on sharing more personal photos. Customers ask marketers which of these two networks is more efficient for their projects and this dilemma has generated a lot of buzz and unfortunately there is no precise answer.
What is Instagram?
In just a few decades, Instagram has grown from a huge app with a devoted following, to become one of the fastest growing Myspaces in the world. Instagram is popular because every time you open it, you’ll see new photos and videos among your circles and more of the new creative moments from other people around the world. Instagram probably reflects personal use. There are also proprietary rights in all content material on Instagram. Instagram will not assert proprietary rights to any title within the textual content, graphics, photographs, video clips, or perhaps any other resources that consumers post on or through the Instagram Services. Instagram is better when it comes to revealing behind the scenes images, showcasing new items and it also seems to be,
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest was the first social network that threatened the supremacy of the “Facebook-Twitter” couple. It’s virtually impossible to pinpoint what features made Pinterest successful, but it surely comes with a lot of innovative ideas. Pinterest has one of the unique majority audiences in the social media world: adult women of all ages. Pinterest is better for awareness, sales and building brand relationships, revealing new collections, curating seasonal styles, inspiring customers and sharing. With Pinterest, a user’s intent is primarily focused on discovering and screening other users’ content. Similar to a search engine, users can use Pinterest to search for specific content or products. They can then create visually appealing dashboards by pinning and grouping the content they discover. On Pinterest, each pin is a link to the source of the image, usually an external site. Therefore, one of the common goals of businesses is to generate website traffic and use Pinterest for SEO purposes. Pinterest is also a proven sales generator for retail businesses.
- The significant variance involving Instagram and Pinterest is the usage and potential audience. Pinterest end users are primarily women. In reality, women make up about 75% of Pinterest end-users and are about five times more likely than men to use the electronic scrap booking tool, the largest gender variance of any social network.
- Pinterest users tend to be a bit older, although the main demographic is still between the ages of 18 and 34, making up 56 percent of users. Compared to Pinterest, people manifest more evenly on Instagram.
- 50 percent of Instagram users are typically outside of the United States, producing for an additional global market. This network is also very popular among the entire flock of young people. Two-thirds are in the 18-34 age range and recognition falls off a bit with the bulk of this market.
- Pinterest is an online bulletin board that allows users to select and also talk about interesting graphics, videos and data graphs. While things are shared, they are called “pins” and are placed on a themed board that the user produces. On the other hand, Instagram is a mobile photo sharing app that allows users to share their own photos with friends.
- Pinterest is best used for; showcasing branded products, increasing referral traffic, increasing conversions and transitions, and increasing brand exposure to new users. Instagram is best used to showcase brand personality, engage with the existing community, increase brand awareness, and showcase behind-the-scenes content.