The main difference between type A personality and type B personality is that type A personality tends to be very competitive, hard-working, and self-analytical, while type B personality is less competitive, relaxed, easygoing, and thoughtful.
Type A Personality vs. Type B Personality
Type A personality is one of the categories of human personality that has certain characteristics. Type B personality is another category to explain human personality. Type A personalities are highly competitive, hard-working, and self-analytical. Type B personalities are more relaxed, easygoing, and thoughtful.
People with Type A Personalities strive to achieve their goals without fearing their efforts and achievements. They get what they want by burning midnight oil. Type B personality, people are not extremely passionate about their goals. They go with the flow. A Type A Personality person is one who is impatient and quick in their tasks. A person with a type B personality is less prone to stress. It’s pretty laid back; Quiet, do not bother in time. By its nature, the Type A Personality shows a high level of stress. The type B personality with its relaxing environment shows a lower stress level.
The Type A personality continues to have time constraints and is always in a hurry. The type B personality is not affected by time, so it is not pressurized. People with that type A personality are short-tempered. Individuals with type B personality even possess mood or temperament. People with Type A Personalities play a game with a great desire and goal to win it, while people with Type B Personalities enjoy the game instead of concentrating on winning or losing. People with type A personalities are good at multitasking. Individuals with type B personalities can only do one thing at a time.Comparison chart
|type A personality||Type B personality|
|A personality type that is easygoing, impatient, passionate, and hard-working.||A personality type that is less prone to stress, relaxed and calm.|
|Has||Does not have|
|sensitive, proactive||reflective, innovative|
|highly competitive||less competitive|
|good at multitasking||does one thing at a time|
What is type A personality?
Type A personality is the classification of human personality that refers to a temperament prone to stress, anxious and passionate. People with type A personalities are very concerned with time management. According to two cardiologists Rosenman and Friedman, the type A personality is more prone to coronary heart disease. People who have this personality type are likely to suffer from heart disease due to the hard work and pressure they feel towards work.
People with type A personalities can be distinguished by their behavioral patterns, which primarily include their multitasking. Also, they are quick to move, walk, and eat, and rarely relax. These people will begin to feel guilty in their free or leisure time. They want to make every moment of their life useful and valuable. They can’t waste even a little bit of their time. They are impatient and waiting is the most challenging task for them.
In the context of the “Big Five Personality Traits” (Openness to Experience, Conscientiousness, Extraversion, Agreeableness, Neuroticism), Type A’s are unpleasant but more conscientious. When it comes to their love, their finances, or their health, they tend to have an imbalance in life. The nervous gestures of the Type A Personality are clenching the fist or hitting the table with the hand. The Type A personality tends to be fearless because they have the stamina to respond correctly to environmental challenges.
Type A Personality Characteristics
- too worried about time
- achievement obsession
- They experience a lot of stress
- Very competitive
- Ambitious, organized, hardworking
- Anxious, state-aware, aggressive
- impatient, short-tempered
- Self-taught and high-performing
What is a type B personality?
According to the theory of Rosenman and Friedman, the type B personality is less prone to heart disease compared to the type A personality. The type B personality does not tolerate stress; instead, they have a calm nature and are calm. All they care about is enjoying life. That is why they do not play any game to win but to have fun. The Type B personality is courageous, but sometimes resistant to moving forward in life, which is why people with Type B personalities are often referred to as procrastinators. They are good listeners and their relationships with others are very fluid.
The best thing about Type B personalities is that they live in the moment. They love to interact and know how to listen. The type B personality focuses more on quality than quantity. Type B personalities are understanding, patient, and warm in their relationships with others. Type B personality individuals have to be content. They have the quality to adapt to every situation. Type B personality is beneficial with respect to behavior at school and in the workplace.
Type B Personality Characteristics
- Low stress levels
- relaxed attitude
- Adaptability to change
- less concerned about time
- Play for fun, not to win
- Less prone to stress
- mild mannered
- Easy going
- Type A Personalities are very competitive, hard-working, and self-analyzing, while Type B Personalities are more relaxed, easygoing, and thoughtful.
- People with type A personalities are more competitive; on the contrary, people with type B personality are less competitive.
- People with Type A Personalities are short-tempered; on the other hand, people with type B personality are even-tempered.
- Type A personality always wants a higher position than type B personality people.
- People with Type A Personalities strive to achieve their goals without fear of effort and achievement; on the contrary, people with Type B Personalities are not extremely passionate about their goal.
- The Type A personality continues to be time-constrained and always in a hurry; on the other hand, the type B personality is not affected by time, so it is not pressurized.
- People with Type A Personalities play a game with a great desire and goal to win it, while people with Type B Personalities enjoy the game instead of concentrating on winning or winning.
- People with Personality Type A are good at multitasking, unlike people with Personality Type B who can only do one thing at a time.
- Type A personality shows a high level of stress on the other hand. Type B personality shows a lower stress level.
- People with personality type A are proactive and sensitive, while people with personality type B have a creative and reflective nature.
Type A personality and type B personality are the two classifications to define personalities. Both types have strong contrasts.