Most of the time, people think that the types of fragrances are based on the gender that applies them or how they smell, which is not entirely accurate. It is actually how long a scent can last, and therefore how much of an oil concentration is added to the entire mix. Therefore, the main difference between Perfume and Cologne is that the percentage of oil in the total liquid is around 20-30% in perfume and around 2-4% in Cologne.
|Basis of Distinction||Fragrance||Cologne|
|Definition||A fragrant liquid that is made up of several components that are usually made up of extracts of essential oils from flowers and spices.||An aromatic liquid that is applied to the human body to smell and has a pleasant odor.|
|oil concentration||About 20-30%.||Approximately 2 to 4%.|
|Founder||Crusaders||Giovanni Maria Farina|
|Source||It has its origin in the Italian word parfumare which means to smoke something.||It originated in the German city of Cologne.|
|Production||Started in the early 16th century.||It started later in the 1790s.|
|Time frame||6-8 hours||1-2 hours|
|To form||Spray||spray and splash|
The word perfume is defined as a fragrant liquid that is made up of various components that are generally made up of extracts of essential oils from flowers and spices and are used to give a good smell to the human body. This term has its origin in the Italian word parfumare which means to smoke something for a long time, which was later adopted by the French who made it a perfume and this became Perfume at the end of the century. century.century. This type of fragrance was not so common in the world until the Crusaders returned from the wars and learned about the development process of the Middle Eastern countries. The main difference between this and other types is that it has a high concentration of oil that is used in the production and is usually around 20 to 30%. This is the reason why the smell lasts longer which can be around 8 hours on average. These were used as drugs in the early days due to intensity but now they give rise to some better feelings between people. The end result when applied depends on the person using it, their body structure, surroundings, and other things. For this reason, they are often preferred by people who want to dress for a long time and want to attend meetings. They are usually only available in spray form and were first developed 2,000 years BC. It is also more expensive than the other types and is therefore used for special occasions.
It is defined as a fragrant liquid that is applied on the human body to smell and has a pleasant smell. The word is recent for this type of fragrance has been introduced recently in the nineteenth century.century and is an original English word. The main difference between this type and others is the oil concentration which is relatively small at about 2-4%. This is the reason why fragrance does not last long and is considered the lightest form of scent. They last about an hour or two and are considered masculine scents that give off a fruity or flowery scent. There are two layers of scent in it, in the first few minutes the main notes, which are a real scent, remain prominent, while during the last hour the base notes take over. This also depends on the person who is applying and their physical form. This process is known as the drying period and consists of the body and aroma used combining to give a final scent. It is worn for a few hours and then needs to be reapplied. Colognes were invented by Giovanni Maria Farina, who was an unknown monk in the 1790s. Initially, this type was called “4711” after his shop mailing address, but later changed to its original form. It is also considered to have originated in the German city of Cologne. It is available in spray and splash form, and due to less oil present, the price is lower than others.
- The term perfume is defined as a fragrant liquid that is made up of several components that are usually made up of important oil extracts from flowers and spices. On the other hand, Cologne is defined as a fragrant liquid that is applied on the human body for smell and has a pleasant smell.
- The perfume has a high concentration of oil that is used in the production and is usually around 20-30%. On the other hand, Colonia has an oil level that is relatively small, about 2-4%.
- The term perfume originated from the Italian word parfumare which means to smoke something for a long time, while Cologne is the city in Germany and the original word in English.
- The manufacture of perfumes began at the beginning of the 16th century, while cologne production began later in the 1790’s.
- The perfume was launched by crusaders returning from wars, while Cologne was started by a monk by the name of Giovanni Maria Farina.
- Perfume is more expensive than the other types and is therefore worn for special occasions. Cologne is cheaper than the other forms and is used for regular events.
- The fragrance of a perfume lasts between 6 and 8 hours, while the fragrance of a cologne lasts between 1 and 2 hours.
- Perfume is only available in spray form while Cologne is available in spray and splash form.