Technology

Difference between PC and Mac

Main difference

PC and Mac always confuse the 21stTechnology Users of the Century. Although both are computers, there are several differences between them and many features. First of all, PC is a Microsoft product, while Mac is powered by Apple. In fact, the mouse with which we perform many difficult tasks was introduced by the Mac in 1984, the year it also brought a graphical user interface (GUI). That development was followed by the introduction of Microsoft Windows at Microsoft the next year. However, the latter competitor surpassed Mac and dominated the world of technology by designing its operating systems, which were developed to be compatible with a variety of computer brands. such as Dell, IBM, HP, Sony, etc. On the other hand, the competitor simply designed its software for an integration of computer hardware and software, that was not compatible with other computer hardware. In light of the statistics, Microsoft has captured about 91% of the market, leaving 9% of which Mac shares only 5%. The main operating system for Mac is OSX, while Microsoft Windows is for PC. Mainly, the PC has support for extended RAM, double that offered by the Mac. Similar is the case with hard drives which are also smaller on the Mac than on the PC. Mac hardware and software are relatively more stable than PC hardware and software that crash more often. Mac not only runs its own operating system but Windows while PC can only run Windows; however, both operating systems are compatible with most open source software as both are easy to use. Cost is another difference worth mentioning. Since Mac is more compatible for professional users, it is expensive compared to PC.

Comparison chart

personal computer Mac
Full name
Personal computer Macintosh computer
Central company
microsoft Apple
Market share
91% 5%
Use
The PC can be seen in the hands of any ordinary person. Mac is mainly used by professionals

What is a PC?

PC is the acronym for Personal Computer, which can be used by anyone with a little computer knowledge for business or personal purposes. PC is generally known as a computer system powered by Microsoft operating system. PCs have operating systems from Microsoft, which are supported by various computer companies. Microsoft PCs are outnumbered all over the world as they are easy to operate by anyone who has a little bit of knowledge on how to use a computer. Modern PCs have allowed up to 8GB of RAM to go along with it. The operating system tends to crash on a recurring basis and does not support any other operating system running on it except its own. Their accessories are easily available all over the world at cheap prices.

What is a Mac?

Macintosh or Mac is a computer system powered by Apple, introduced by Steve Jobs. The Mac operating system is credited with featuring the mouse and graphical user interface. This operating system has the least tendency to crash and is most compatible and supportive for professional users. Mac not only supports and is compatible with its own operating system, but is also compatible with Microsoft Windows. Mac computers are available at Apple Stores and are relatively expensive.

Key differences

  1. PC stands for Personal Computer; Mac stands for Macintosh computer.
  2. PCs powered by Microsoft development and technology; Mac is an Apple product
  3. PC shares 91% of the market; Mac has only 5% shares
  4. Microsoft operating systems support much larger RAM compared to Mac
  5. PC only supports its own operating system; Mac supports not only its own operating system, but also supports Microsoft Windows
  6. Microsoft PCs are cheap and found all over the world; Apple’s Mac is expensive and can only be found in its company stores
  7. Mac is mainly used by professionals; The PC can be seen in the hands of any common Joe.
  8. Operating the PC is easy; the operating system on Mac is complicated

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button