Without a passport or legal document, no one can travel to the territory of another country. The passport is a legal document that is issued to citizens and non-citizen nationals of a. It is illegal to travel without a passport in another country. The passport is, in fact, the identity of a person that shows where he comes from, his short personal profile and identity number. In this regard, two types of terms passport book and passport card are widely used. To some extent, they both look the same, but there are some differences between the two.
What is Passport Book?
Passport book is a type of passport that is issued for international travel by air, sea, or land. It allows a person to easily travel anywhere in the world, however, traveling to certain countries may require a visa. Some counties allow keeping a double passport, while others only allow one and if someone is interested in another passport, they must pick up their original passport. However, if someone has more than one passport after permission, they must use her native passport to enter and leave the country.
What is the passport card?
The passport card or pass card is an alternative to the passport that is used for international travel by sea and land only. It is a wallet-sized travel document, issued to national citizens and non-citizens that can be used inside and outside the country. The passport card was first issued by the United States to its citizens for travel by land and sea within North America: Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. It is not a globally recognized travel document and is used only in certain areas of the United States.Key differences
- The passport book is valid for international travel by air, sea or land. The passport card is also valid for international travel, but only by land or sea.
- The passport card is a wallet-sized document, while the passport book size is 5″ x 3.5″ (when closed).
- As passport books allow more activities compared to passport card, they also tend to cost more.
- The passport book is a globally recognized travel document, while the passport card is not a globally recognized document. It is limited to some countries only.
- The passport book is widely used for international travel, while the passport card is used for US citizens living in border territories in the US.