OneDrive offers more free space than DropBox. Just 2 GB of free space in DropBox is nothing compared to 15 GB of free space in OneDrive. After achieving the benchmark, DropBox increases the free storage space up to 16 GB, which OneDrive already offers without any effort.
What is OneDrive?
On August 1, 2007, Microsoft launched the online data storage service for its users. Previously, its name was SkyDrive, which was renamed to OneDrive on January 27, 2014. It currently deals with all types of data storage and sharing. Additionally, Microsoft offers 15 GB of free space to all users. If you want to edit your documents, MS Office is also available online with the main parts, Word, Excel, Power Point and One Note. There are two types of OneDrive available. Simple OneDrive for Windows 7 and 8 and OneDrive for Business for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1. OneDrive is available for Windows, Android, Mac OSX, iOS, Windows Phone, and Xbox in 107 international languages. After installing your app or software,
What is DropBox?
In September 2008, DropBox Inc. launched its file hosting service under the name DropBox. It is an online storage service for all types of data storage like images, documents, videos, and files. You can access your files via DropBox desktop, phones, or from its official website. You can also share all your stuff with your friends and family. Make team projects a breeze through DropBox. At that time, DropBox offers 2GB of free space to all its users. You can also get more space up to 16GB through their referral scheme. There is also more space available depending on the price package. It is available for Windows, Mac, Linux and Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry and Kindle Fire.
- OneDrive offers more free space than DropBox. Just 2 GB of free space in DropBox is nothing compared to 15 GB of free space in OneDrive. After achieving the benchmark, DropBox increases the free storage space up to 16 GB, which OneDrive already offers without any effort.
- OneDrive’s editing features are exceptional. OneDrive’s online MS Office feature offers a wide variety of editing tools to users. They can easily edit their important files on the website. DropBox’s editing tools consist of a basic word editing tool. If you want to edit your file with the latest features, you need to install several applications for DropBox, which is in itself a complex task.
- On all operating systems and mobile phones, both OneDrive and DropBox work fine. But OneDrive cloud storage service is also available for Windows phones, which is not provided by DropBox.
- DropBox is more secure than OneDrive. Its verification process is very strong than OneDrive. The demand for a secondary email address weakened OneDrive’s security system.
- The speed of DropBox to access and share the data is much better than OneDrive.
- The maximum file size of 10 GB is the limit for OneDrive. While there are no file size restrictions for DropBox, you can save the file via desktop or mobile. There is only a 10 GB restriction, if you upload your file through the official website.