What is Note 3?
Note 3 an Android phablet smartphone from Samsung’s Galaxy series. It was released on September 4, 2013. It is the successor to the Samsung Galaxy Note II, it is lighter, has a unique design than previous models, and is the most stylish and multitasking smartphone from Samsung. New software on the Note 3 includes a new navigation wheel for pen-enabled apps, along with expanded pop-up arena multi-window functionality. It has a faux metal bezel and a plastic leather back cover with faux stitching. Its thickness is 8.3 mm, which is about 0.33 inches, which makes it a little thinner and lighter than the previous model. It is the first smartphone to include support for USB 3.
What is Note 4?
Note 3 an Android phablet smartphone from Samsung’s Galaxy series. It was released on September 3, 2014. It is the successor to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Its dimension is: 6.04 high, 3.09 wide and 0.33 deep. It originally comes with the Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system, however it is also compatible with the current Android 5.0.1 Lollipop. Its CPU is Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53 and Quad-core 1.9 GHz Cortex-A57 or 1.3 GHz Octa Core Cortex-A53 (Exynos version), Quad-core 2.7 GHz Krait 450 (Snapdragon version). Unlike the Note 3, it has a USB 2.0 charging port instead of USB 3.0. It also includes a new UV sensor and heart rate monitor, oximeter, among others, the most common sensors.
- The Note 3 has Samsung Exyons 5 Octa 5420 (HSPA+ version) and Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 system (LTE and China version) on the chip, while the Note 4 has Samsung Exyons 7 Octa 54. 64 bits (LTE Cat 4 and South Korea LTE CAT 6 & LTE CAT 9) and Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 (LTE Car 6 version) system on chip.
- Note 3 supports USB 3.0 while Note 4 supports USB 2.0.
- The Note 3 comes with the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system, although it is compatible with the current Android 5.0 Lollipop. Note 4 comes with the Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system, however, it is also compatible with the current Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.
- Note 3 is built with faux leather plastic edge while Note 4 is built with faux leather metal edge.
- Note 3 is available in Black, Pink, and White while Note 4 is available in Black, Gold, White, and Pink.
- Note 4 has a fingerprint sensor which is missing in Note 3.
- Note 4 has 16MP rear camera and 3.7MP front camera while Note 3 has 13MP rear camera and 2MP front camera.
- Note 4 includes a new UV sensor and heart rate monitor, oximeter, among other, more common sensors. These are not available on the Note 3.