Two predominant prepaid phone carriers are Tracfone and Net10. Tracfone is a widespread mobile phone company that deals in no-contract mobile phone plans. In fact, Tracfone is the most popular no-contract wireless provider in the country. Like other no-contract cell phone plans, you’ll never be penalized or charged for breaking a contract. Net 10 Wireless also offers cell phone plans without a contract. They go to great lengths to make their plans reasonable for their clients.
What is Net10?
NET10 Wireless, a prepaid mobile phone brand of TracFone Wireless, the US MVNO subsidiary of América Móvil.
What is Tracfone?
TracFone Wireless, Inc. is a benefactor of prepaid wireless services in the United States, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. TracFone Wireless is a subsidiary of América Móvil, the largest telecommunications company in Mexico and offers products and services under multiple brands including TracFone, NET10 Wireless, Total Wireless, Straight Talk, SafeLink Wireless, Telcel América, Simple Mobile and Page Plus Cellular. . TracFone Wireless operates as a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), maintaining agreements with the largest wireless network operators in the United States to provide service using their networks, including Verizon Wireless, AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US, Sprint Corporation and US Cellular.
- Tracfone phone cards come in the following denominations: €9.99 for 30 minutes, €20 for 60 minutes, €30 for 120 minutes, €40 for 200 minutes and €99.99 for 400 minutes. While Net10 phone cards come in just three amounts: €30 for 300 minutes, €60 for 600 minutes and €100 for 1,000 minutes.
- Net10’s biggest benefit is its cheap rate of €.10 per minute and its easy-to-understand calling card system (all cards are €.10 per minute). Whereas, Tracfone has a different benefit: their card gives you double the minutes for the life of your phone.
- Tracfone offers the lowest possible monthly rate for your phone, while Net 10 offers the best possible rate per minute.
- With most TracFone airtime cards, your service time is extended to 90 days, but with Net10 airtime cards, your service time is extended from 30 days to 180 days. You typically get more days of service per dollar spent with TracFone than with Net10.
- Tracfone phones have a text message speed of 0.3 minutes (some are 0.5). Net10 lasts 0.5 minutes on all phones.
- You cannot use TracFone airtime cards with a Net10 phone and you cannot use Net10 airtime cards with a Tracfone phone.
- The cost in tracfone depends on the use, while in net 10 the cost is fixed.
- Tracfone Pay as you Go Cellular and now Net10 have the difference of being the only prepaid cell phone companies that offer a phone in every zip code in the United States.