Miss USA and Miss America are managed by different organizations. their motivations and evaluation criteria are different. two very different competitions with winners. the only similarity is that they choose a “Miss” as the winner. As a former Miss USA said: “Miss America is the girl who lives next door, Miss USA is the girl you wish you lived next door to.”
What is Miss USA?
Miss USA is privately owned and hosted by Donald Trump and is part of the Miss Universe World Organization. This title is also very famous to achieve a good position while you are willing to work with the high-end brands and firms.
What is Miss America?
Miss America is a non-profit organization whose main purpose is to provide academic ships. This title is also considered a springboard for those women who want to make their career stand in good stead while they are about to start it. .
- Miss USA does not judge the Talent round, on the other hand, a Talent round is much more important in the Miss America competition. it scores about 33 percent of the final scores.
- The winner of Miss America gets a prestigious academic ship and the opportunity to compete in Miss Universe. Miss USA can compete in Miss Universe.
- Miss America is a more educational competition and Miss USA is a beauty pageant.
- Miss USA has nightwear, swimsuit and part of the interview. The Miss America format is different.
- Miss America is a non-profit organization and the winner has to work for the Miracle network for children, Miss USA on the other hand has completely different organizations like the American Cancer Society.
- They have different age limits. it is 24 for Miss America and 27 for Miss USA, so many contestants participate in both competitions.