The main difference between KMPlayer and VLC Player is that KMPlayer is neither portable nor open source whereas VLC Player has both qualities.
What is KMPlayer?
KMPlayer is a free and adware media player for Windows operating system that can play various formats. It was released on October 1, 2002 and is now available in thirty international languages. KMPlayer is compatible with Windows, iOS and Android operating system. It supports 3D format videos with a low amount of CPU memory and provides optimized and stable playback thanks to GPU support. For Mac OS X, it is still under development.
What is VLC Player?
VLC Player is an open source, cross-platform, portable media player developed by the VideoLAN project. It is also a streaming media server and can stream media over computer networks and transcode media files. VLC Player is capable of playing media files on Linux, Mac OS X, BSD, Solaris, Windows Phone QNX, Haiku, Syllable, OS/2, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Android, and iOS.
- KMPlayer is better for its rare 3D format playback functionality which is not available in VLC Player.
- VLC Player is also available in portable version while KMPlayer is not available in portable version.
- VLC Player has the ability to function as a streaming media server which is missing from KMPlayer.
- KMPlayer is a free and adware media player while VLC Player is a free and open source media player.
- KMPlayer is available in thirty international languages while VLC Player is available in 48 international languages.
- VLC Player can work on Linux and Mac OS X using libdvdcss DVD decryption. It is also compatible with Android and iOS. KMPlayer is available for Windows, iOS and Android operating system.
- For laptops, it is better to use KMPlayer while the sound size of VLC Player is larger than the capacity of the speakers, so it may destroy the speakers.