What is the iPhone 5s?
Apple iPhone 5s is Apple’s seventh-generation touchscreen smartphone that was released on September 10, 2013. It is the successor to iPhone 5. Apple iPhone 5s contains A7 and M7 chips. 64-bit A7 chip offers fast CPU and graphics performance. And the M7 motion coprocessor handles specific tasks to make iPhone 5s power efficient. iPhone 5s supports fast LTE bands around the world. Apple included many features in the iPhone 5s that were missing in the iPhone 5. One of the main distinguishing features that was built into the iPhone 5s was the Touch ID fingerprint sensor. This Touch ID fingerprint identity sensor allows iPhone 5s users to place their finger on the ‘Home Button’ and just like the iPhone unlocks. The user’s fingerprint can also be used as approval for purchases from the iTunes or App Store. It supports various networks including GSM, CDMA, 3G, EVDO, HSPA+, and LTE. It was originally released with iOS 7.0 and is now supported by the latest iOS 8.3 which was released on April 8, 2015.
Apple iPhone 5c is a seventh-generation touchscreen smartphone from Apple that was released on September 20, 2013. It is the successor to the iPhone 5s. Most of the technology and features used in the iPhone 5c are like the iPhone 5s. However, battery life and hardware and software applications and color are slightly different from the iPhone 5s. Apple iPhone 5c contains Apple A6 on chip. The main feature still missing from the iPhone 5c is the Touch ID fingerprint sensor. This Touch ID fingerprint identity sensor allows iPhone 5s users to place their finger on the ‘Home Button’ and thus the iPhone is unlocked. . It supports various networks including GSM, CDMA, 3G, EVDO, HSPA+, and LTE. It was originally released with iOS 7.
- Apple iPhone 5s has Apple A7 and Apple M7 motion coprocessor on chip, while Apple iPhone 5c has Apple A6 on chip.
- The iPhone 5s has a 1.3GHz dual-core Apple Cyclone CPU, while the iPhone 5c has a 1.3GHz dual-core CPU.
- The weight and dimensions of the iPhone 5c are higher than those of the iPhone 5s. Height: iPhone 5c (4.90 inches) iPhone 5s (4.87 inches); Width: iPhone 5c (2.33 inches) iPhone 5s (2.31 inches); Depth: iPhone 5c (0.35 inches) iPhone 5s (0.30 inches); and weight: iPhone 5c (4.65 ounces) iPhone 5s (3.95 ounces).
- iPhone 5s is available in space gray, gold, and silver. iPhone 5c is available in white, pink, yellow, blue and green.
- The iPhone 5s has the Touch ID fingerprint identity sensor feature, while this option is not available on the iPhone 5c.