Apple iPhone 5 and 5s both have many differences. The main difference between iPhone 5 and 5s is that iPhone 5s has Touch ID fingerprint sensor function, while this option is not available on iPhone 5. This allows iPhone 5s users to place your finger on the iPhone ‘Home Button’. Your fingerprint can also approve iTunes or App Store purchases.
What is the iPhone 5?
The iPhone 5 is a sixth-generation touchscreen smartphone from Apple that was released after the 1Phone 4s on September 20, 2012. Compared to the predecessor models, Apple introduced major changes to the iPhone 5. First there is a plastic case. aluminum that was thinner and lighter compared to previous models, a taller screen, the Apple A6 system-on-chip, LTE support and lighting, a new compact dock connector that replaces the 30-pin design used by Apple models earlier iPhones. This is the second Apple phone to come with an 8-megapixel camera made by Sony. It is available in two colors – black and white. This includes the Apple A6 processor and supports various networks including GSM, CDMA, 3G, EVDO, HSPA+ and LTE. It was originally released with iOS 6.
What is the iPhone 5s?
Apple iPhone 5s is Apple’s seventh-generation touchscreen smartphone that was released on September 10, 2013. It is the successor to iPhone 5. Apple iPhone 5s contains A7 and M7 chips. 64-bit A7 chip offers fast CPU and graphics performance. And the M7 motion coprocessor handles specific tasks to make iPhone 5s power efficient. iPhone 5s supports fast LTE bands around the world. Apple included many features in the iPhone 5s that were missing in the iPhone 5. One of the main distinguishing features that was built into the iPhone 5s was the Touch ID fingerprint sensor. This Touch ID fingerprint identity sensor allows iPhone 5s users to place their finger on the ‘Home Button’ and just like the iPhone unlocks. The user’s fingerprint can also be used as approval for purchases from the iTunes or App Store. It supports various networks including GSM, CDMA, 3G, EVDO, HSPA+, and LTE. It was originally released with iOS 7.0 and now it is also compatible with the latest iOS 8.3 which was released on April 8, 2015.
- Apple iPhone 5 is a sixth-generation touchscreen smartphone from Apple, while iPhone 5s is a seventh-generation smartphone.
- The iPhone 5 has the Apple A6 system on the chip, while the iPhone 5s has the Apple A7 and Apple M7 motion coprocessor on the chip.
- The iPhone 5 has a 1.3GHz dual-core CPU, while the iPhone 5s has a 1.3GHz dual-core Apple Cyclone CPU.
- The iPhone 5s has the Touch ID fingerprint identity sensor feature, while this option is not available on the iPhone 5.
- The iPhone 5 originally launched with iOS 6.0, while the iPhone 5s originally launched with iOS 7.0. However, both models are compatible with the currently released iOS 8.3.
- The iPhone 5 is available in black and white, while the iPhone 5s is available in space gray, gold, and silver.