Happiness and joy are emotions and feelings of satisfaction. Both terms are used interchangeably, but may differ from each other. There is a difference between happiness and joy based on the nature and cause of the feeling of contentment. Happiness is the temporary feeling of satisfaction for a few minutes, days or weeks. Joy is the permanent feeling of satisfaction for a long time.
What is happiness?
Happiness is the temporary feeling of satisfaction for a few minutes, days or weeks. Happiness is like bubbles that rise and end over time. While drinking a tea, the taste of the tea is good. It will make you happy, but this happiness will last only for the cup of tea. Happiness comes from external things and influences.
What is joy?
Joy is the permanent feeling of satisfaction for a long time. Joy is like the oxygen that always surrounds you. Joy is the feeling inside your soul. Joy depends on your faith. It does not depend on external factors, but rather comes from the core of your heart and soul.
- Happiness is a temporary feeling of satisfaction, while joy is a permanent feeling.
- Happiness belongs to material objects while joy belongs to caring for others and gratitude.
- Happiness belongs to earthly experiences while joy belongs to spiritual experiences.
- Happiness comes from the outward expression of joy, while joy comes from inner peace.
- Happiness is based on external circumstances, while joy is based on internal circumstances.
- You can feel joy at any time from within, while happiness can come to you through external means at any time.
- Happiness can be experienced with any activity or food, while joy is a by-product of life.
- Joy can come from your relationship or faith in God, while happiness comes from material things.
- Joy is like oxygen that is with you always, while happiness is like bubbles that rise and end with time.