No other search engine offers as many facilities as those provided by Google since its founding. The good thing is that Google maintains the quality and quantity of its services at the same time. Each feature of Google has its own importance. Like other services, Google+ Hangout and Google Talk are its amazing services. The purpose of these services is to provide users with instant verbal and non-verbal communication. Both are useful at the same time, but in some features, completely different from each other.
What is Google+ Hangout?
Google+ Hangout is the latest video chat and messaging station developed by Google on May 15, 2013. This new platform totally replaces Google’s three popular communication services, which are Google Talk, Google+ Messenger and Simple Hangouts. Google has claimed that its new feature will surely be tested as the future of its telephony product. Google+ Hangouts allows users to have audio conversations between more than two people at the same time. With the inclusion of new features, video conferencing with up to 10 people at the same time is possible. Also, its messaging service is in direct competition with Facebook, iMessage and WhatsApp. This free communication software is available for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, and iOS.
What is Google Talk?
Google Talk is an old communication software from Google, which was released on August 24, 2005. It is also known as gtalk and gchat. This service was widely available for Windows, Android, BlackBerry, Chrome OS. It was later released for Linux, Maemo, webOS, Symbian, iOS, Mac OS X. At that time, Google Talk is available in 13 international languages. At first, it was incorporated into Gmail. The account holder can communicate with other Gmail users through messages. Since Gmail works in a browser, you don’t need to download this app. But now Google has made Google Talk desktop software available. Saves all conversation history in your Gmail account logs. You can also download the conversation data, which was not possible before. In addition to Gmail users, Google Talk has also been integrated into orkut. Then,
- Google Talk is a nine year old technology with fewer features and functions. While Google+ Hangout is a latest and advanced communication software from Google.
- Google Talk is available for more devices compared to Google+ Hangout. It’s also available for Maemo, webOS, BlackBerry, and Symbian, which Google+ Hangout doesn’t offer.
- Google+ Hangout is available in 20 international languages, while Google Talk is available in 13 international languages.
- Google Talk allowed video conferencing with one user, while Google+ Hangout allowed video conferencing with up to 10 people at the same time.
- There are 500 new emojis available to Hangout users, which are in limited numbers in Google Talk.
- Although Google+ Hangout comes with the latest features and functions, Google Talk is an easy and simple application from Google than Google+ Hangout.