Gone is the time of styling hair through traditional natural hair oils. Multiple types of pomades, gels, waxes, pastes, creams, serums and hairsprays are available today which have totally replaced hair oil for styling hair. These are very popular among teenagers and they used it to look handsome and hot. There is no shortage of this type of hair tonic. But here the discussion will be about gel and wax so that next time you can decide what to choose between these two products.
What is gel?
Gel is a gelatinous material used to harden and style hair. The gel is not a more recent innovation. If we look into history, we come to know that in the time of the ancient Egyptians, gels were used to style the hair of mummies. In these times, they were made from fats and vegetables. Nowadays, the gel trend has gained popularity in the United States and the United Kingdom and both of them are also the leading manufacturers of gel. The purpose of the gel is to soften hard hair and give it a particular and elegant hairstyle. It is like a liquid type jelly. Rub into your hands and apply to hair for texture and style. Cationic polymers and copolymer of vinylpyrrolidone and methacrylamide are used as basic ingredients in the gel.
What is wax?
Wax is a type of hard paste material used to reshape and hold hair. After using the wax, you need to wash your hair to get the effect. Gives shine and style to hair. Most of the wax is already complete in the making, while some require water to be mixed to make the wax. It has been used since ancient times in the form of waxy soap. Beeswax, candelilla wax, carnauba wax, castor wax, emulsifier, lanolin, and ozokerite are used as basic ingredients in the preparation of wax. In addition to buying it at the store, you can also prepare it at home.
- Gel is more expensive than wax. Also, high-quality gel is not easily found in stores. They are only available in the salon or beauty salon. While the wax is easily available in all stores.
- Applying gel is very easy compared to wax. It comes in full form, while sometimes you are required to add some water and other materials in wax to get the full form.
- Removing the gel is not difficult. It is like a water that is automatically absorbed into the hair. While to get the wax result, you need to wash your hair after applying the wax.
- The side effects of the gel are more than just wax because it is made from artificial flavors and chemicals. While the wax is made from mostly natural ingredients and there is little chance of any side effects.
- Beeswax, candelilla wax, carnauba wax, castor wax, emulsifier, lanolin, and ozokerite are used as basic ingredients in the preparation of wax. While cationic polymers and copolymer of vinylpyrrolidone and methacrylamide are used as basic ingredients in gel preparation.
- Wax is used to straighten curly hair and style it, while gel is used to smooth and style hair.
- The gel comes in the form of water jelly and spray, while the wax always comes in solid form.