|Meaning with explanation||Friend is the person with whom you have a bond of mutual affection and who is quite close to you since he knows your intimate details.||Acquaintance is someone who generally knows you (not in great detail) and shares some space or time with you.|
|formal or informal||Friends have casual conversations with each other.||Most acquaintances have formal conversations.|
|Favor||A friend can ask or give you a favor when needed.||It rarely happens.|
What is Friend?
A friend is the person who maintains a bond of mutual affection with you and is always with you through all the good times and the bad. One relies heavily on his friends as he shares all his secrets, weaknesses and intimate details with them. They may even spend less time with you than your acquaintances, even though they have dedicated time with you as they especially visit your home or go for walks with you. Long one-on-one talks to share experiences and feelings are the core interests of friends. A friend can ask or give you a favor when needed. He / she is with you in every difficult moment and even enjoys with you in your good moment in the maximum expression of it.
What is known?
The person who knows you a little but is not your friend as you are not very open to him/her and most of the time you only have formal conversations while hanging out or sharing space. Peers and classmates are the best example of acquaintances. You share some space with them but you have no mutual understanding with them. A colleague or classmate can be your friend, but many of them are just your acquaintances, since you simply interact with them just because they share space with you. Acquaintances couldn’t think of dedicated time for you at your house and don’t even have plans to hang out with you in general.
friend vs acquaintance
- Friend is the person with whom you have a bond of mutual affection and is quite close to you as he knows your intimate details, secrets, weaknesses and is even aware of your point of view and slogans, while an acquaintance is someone who generally knows you (not in great detail) and shares some space or time with you.
- Friend knows more deeply about you than acquaintance.
- Friends often go out or spend dedicated time with each other, while acquaintances do not.
- Friends have casual conversations with each other, while acquaintances mostly have formal conversations.
- A friend may ask or give you a favor when necessary, while it rarely happens in the case of an acquaintance.