Electricity and electronics seem to be the same technologies but they are different in the real sense. They both deal with electrons to generate current to run household appliances. An electrical circuit lacks the ability to make decisions, while an electronic circuit can make decisions. In a microwave oven, it emits a signal when the food is cooked, and thus it is an electronic circuit. A washing machine carries electrical and electronic circuits. The plug, the fuse and the motor are electrical while the programming is done to control the rotation of the drum which is the electronic part. The heavy transformers used in transmission are electrical while the small transformers used in toys and chargers They are electronic equipment.
What are electrical devices?
Electrical circuits do not have the ability to make decisions. Electrical appliances are mostly large and run on high current and voltage. Electrical devices use purely passive components (components that do not require external supply for their operation) for their operation. The motors work with 11 kV or more. Generators produce 100 KW or more. They operate mainly in AC. Generators, large transformers, heavy motors are electrical devices. The resistor is a passive component and is used in electrical devices as it does not require an external supply for its operation.
What are electronic devices?
Electronic circuits have the ability to make decisions. Electronic appliances are mostly small and run on low voltage and current. Electronic Devices work with at least one active component (Components that require external power for their operation). They mainly operate in 3-12 AD. Cell phones, laptops, radios, and microwaves are electronic devices. Diodes and transistors are active components and are used in electronic devices that require a few volts to operate while typically 0.3 volts to 0.7 volts are placed in the circuit.
- Electrical circuits do not have the ability to make decisions, while electronic circuits have the ability to make decisions.
- Electrical systems mainly work with high voltage, while electronic systems work with low voltage.
- Electrical devices mainly work with high voltage while electronic devices deal with low voltage.
- The heavy transformers used in transmission are electrical devices, while the small transformers used in toys and chargers are electronic devices.
- Electrical devices mainly deal with AC (alternating current), but not always and electronics mainly deal with DC (direct current), but not always.
- Electrical devices use purely passive components (Components that do not require external supply for their operation) for their operation and while Electronic Devices work with at least one active component (Components that require external supply for their operation).
- Control of a small electronic device causes the relay to trip the heavy circuit breaker which is an electrical device.
- Many of the small electronic circuits are used to control the operation of electrical devices.
- The computer is a machine that contains electronic components rather than electrical components.
- Heavy industries and factories contain both electronic devices and electrical devices for their operation, but electrical devices are much more than electronic devices.
- Electronic components are mainly used in machines to control the composition of electrical devices.
- Many electrical machines contain electronic components to drive and control their operation.
- The generators that produce electrical energy are electrical devices, while the small integrated circuits used in small toys are electronic devices.
- Most electrical devices run on 220 volts or more, while on the other hand, most electronic devices run on 3 to 12 volts.
- Electrical devices are larger in size, while most electronic devices are smaller in size.