E-commerce and mobile commerce are two types of e-commerce for conducting business transactions online. The end result of both services is the same, but the way of doing it is completely different from each other. The main difference between e-commerce and mobile commerce is that in e-commerce any transaction or transaction is done through computer networks such as the Internet. In mCommerce, any negotiation or transaction is done through wireless devices such as cell phones.
What is electronic commerce?
Electronic commerce or electronic commerce is a type of commerce in which the trading of products or transactions is carried out through the use of a computer network such as the Internet. It builds on other e-commerce technologies such as mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), and data processing systems. automated data collection. Modern e-commerce typically uses the WWW for at least part of the transaction lifecycle. These e-commerce sites are used for online shopping, provide an online marketplace, business-to-business (B2B) buying and selling platform, B2B EDI,
What is mCommerce?
mCommerce or mobile commerce stands for “the delivery of e-commerce capabilities directly into the consumer’s hand, anywhere, via wireless technology.” It is considered “a retail point of sale in your customer’s pocket”. Currently, Asia is the leader in mCommerce which is half of the total mCommerce market which exceeds €230 billion. In mCommerce, purchases or purchases are made through mobile devices. Today, e-books, software, banking, pharmacy, travel, food and beverage, decoration, advertising, business communities, etc. they use this platform for economic transactions. It was first launched by Kevin Duffey in 1997 at the launch of the Global Mobile Commerce Forum. The first payment in mCommerce was accepted via SMS text messages.
- eCommerce stands for electronic commerce, while mCommerce stands for mobile commerce.
- In electronic commerce, the transaction or trade is carried out through computer networks such as the Internet. In mCommerce, trading is done through mobile devices or cell phones.
- The mCommerce is available worldwide, since it does not use the Internet. For electronic commerce, the availability of the Internet is mandatory.
- mCommerce is very easy to use as it is easy to use and does not require a computer or laptop while in e-commerce, a computer is required.
- In mCommerce, payment is made using the caller’s rate, mobile banking, or the user’s credit card. In electronic commerce, credit cards are used for payment.
- E-commerce services are simpler than e-commerce and are also more useful compared to e-commerce.