It is simply a body experience, this can be done with a partner or alone. The movements are coordinated and follow the rhythm of a type of music. They are not usually attached to a fixed choreography, but it could be a famous dance whose choreography is known or ballroom dances, where coordination with the partner is needed to dance.
Ballroom dances are practiced in specific rooms, and there are also international and national federations that maintain this practice. In a ballroom dance, the format of movements established for each type of musical rhythm is carried out.
It is considered an art where bodies together with music create some kind of expression, entertainment, art, religion or social interaction. It is performed with part or all of the person’s body in such a way that a rhythm or compass is obtained while expressing feelings and symbols of a culture or society.
It is also a form of non-verbal communication, this is more demanding than dance, since constant study and practice are needed to master the movements and expressions following each style of dance. Also, it must fit the cultural beliefs of a society.
- Those who practice dance have been dedicated to it since they were children.
- Dance needs specific training to have a high level.
- The dance is practiced as a moment of fun and relaxation.
- Dance can be studied and practiced at any age.
- Many dances require training, but to perform most, you just have to learn the basic steps that drive each musical genre.
- You can learn a dance in hours and perfect it with practice.
- In dance, figures and movements are performed that follow a certain style.
- In dance it is also important to study the music to understand the rhythm.
- For the dance, it is not necessary to study the type of music.
|Definition||Movements are made following a rhythm or beat. Apply different parts of the body. It is essential for human development and is considered by psychologists as a natural way of expressing oneself. It is essential for the human being.
|It is a series of body movements that follow a predetermined format. It has a high aesthetic value and is always rhythmic.
|Execution||Does not obey the steps to follow. It presents freedom of movement.
|It is an art, it needs study, rehearsal, practice and dedication. It has a stricter structure than dance and usually has a message that is governed by certain beliefs.
|Choreography||In general, it does not have a type of choreography with the exception of famous dances whose choreography is known.