The main difference between communicable and noncommunicable diseases is that communicable diseases are those that can be spread from person to person, while noncommunicable diseases are those that do not spread and are not contagious.
Communicable Diseases vs. non-communicable diseases
An unhealthy condition of the body or mind is known as Illness which can affect different parts of the body or the whole body. There are a lot of diseases in this universe with their characteristics and causes. Some of these diseases are easily detectable, while others are detected later in life. Some diseases can be spread from one person to another, known as communicable diseases, while others cannot be spread from person to person and are known as non-communicable diseases. Pathogens spread communicable diseases, while non-communicable diseases caused by malnutrition, disease, cell proliferation abnormalities, or changes in the environment, etc. Communicable diseases can also be inherited, while non-communicable diseases cannot be inherited. Examples of communicable diseases are AIDS, influenza, typhoid and dysentery, etc.
|Contagious disease||non-communicable diseases|
|Communicable diseases are diseases that are spread from one person to another.||Noncommunicable diseases are those that do not spread and are not contagious.|
|Cold, flu, typhoid, AIDS and dysentery.||Cancer, allergies, diabetes and strokes.|
|It is caused by pathogens and is known to be highly infectious, and is transmitted via vectors from one person to another.||The main reasons for noncommunicable diseases are allergy, illness, malnutrition or abnormalities in cell proliferation, changes in lifestyle and environment.|
|Bacteria and viruses are its infectious agents.||There is no infectious agent for noncommunicable diseases.|
|A communicable disease is not a hereditary disease.||Noncommunicable disease can be inherited from one generation to another.|
|This disease is treated with conventional methods.||It is treated conservatively or surgically.|
|A communicable disease is an acute disease and develops quickly.||Noncommunicable disease is a chronic disease, it develops slowly and lasts a long time.|
|Precautions to avoid communicable diseases are Wear a mask, wash your hands every time, avoid sharing items with other people, and stay away from the infected person.||Precautions to avoid non-communicable diseases are, you should go for regular body checkup, exercise daily, maintain proper diet, and get proper sleep and rest.|
What is a communicable disease ?
A communicable disease is a disease that can be transmitted from one person to another, either directly or indirectly. Direct spread may include transmission of infected feces, blood, or other body fluids, while contact by indirect means includes transmission through water, food, insects, and air, etc. Some of the common symptoms of communicable diseases are diarrhea, vomiting, dysentery, muscle pain, headache, flu, malaria, rabies, runny nose, itching, fever, and cough, etc. Communicable sexually transmitted diseases are ulcers in the genital areas, foul-smelling, grayish or greenish discharge, lesions found in the sexual organs and other parts of the body if the infection has already spread. These diseases are known as acute since they develop quickly. Common causative agents are bacteria (whooping cough, gonorrhea, tuberculosis, etc.), viruses (measles,
What is a non-communicable disease?
Noncommunicable diseases are diseases that cannot be transmitted from one person to another, so they are not contagious and are caused by changes in lifestyle, environmental changes, allergy, malnutrition, eating habits, long-term illnesses, such sometimes heredity or secondary effects. Of medicine. These are chronic diseases and spread slowly. Its examples are diabetes, stroke, allergies, excessive hunger, thirst, blurred vision, obesity, frequent urination, blood pressure, cardiovascular diseases, cancer, and hypertension, etc. Precautionary measures can be taken to prevent communicable diseases such as proper diet, age-appropriate exercise, regular body checkup, etc. These diseases can be treated with conservative methods or surgery,
- Communicable diseases are those that are transmitted from one person to another, while non-communicable diseases are those that are not transmitted and are not contagious.
- The main examples of communicable diseases are cold, flu, typhoid fever, AIDS and dysentery; On the other hand, the main examples of non-communicable diseases are cancer, allergies, diabetes and stroke.
- A communicable disease is caused by pathogens and is known as highly infectious and is transmitted through vectors from one person to another. In contrast, the main reasons for non-communicable diseases are allergy, disease, malnutrition or abnormalities in cell proliferation, changes in lifestyle and the environment.
- Bacteria and viruses are the infectious agents for communicable diseases, while there is no infectious agent for non-communicable diseases.
- A communicable disease is not a hereditary disease; on the other hand, noncommunicable disease can be inherited from one generation to another.
- A communicable disease is treated with conventional methods, while a non-communicable disease is treated conservatively or surgically.
- A communicable disease is an acute disease and develops rapidly, on the contrary, non-communicable disease is a chronic disease, developing slowly and lasting for a long time.
- Precautions to avoid communicable diseases are to wear a mask, wash your hands every time, avoid sharing items with other people, and stay away from the infected person, but precautions to avoid non-communicable diseases should go for regular body checkup, daily exercise, maintain a proper diet and sleep and rest adequately.
From the above discussion, it is summarized that communicable diseases are the diseases that can be transmitted from one person to another, directly or indirectly, while non-communicable disease is the disease that cannot be transmitted from one person to another. Communicable diseases cannot be inherited, while non-communicable diseases can be inherited from parents to children.