Chrome and Chromium are two different browsers from Google. Both are used for browsing and have some different features. What are the basic differences between them and how to perform their functions will be revealed after reading this complete article.
What is Chrome?
What is chrome?
- First there is a different logo of both. Chrome has a colorful logo consisting of red, green, blue, and yellow color. While the Chromium logo has a blue color.
- Chrome is a free web browser while Chromium is an open source web browser.
- The crash reporting option is available in Chrome and you can turn it on or off. While there is no option to report crashes in Chromium.
- PDF viewer and flash player or already integrated in Chrome and you can enable or disable the same. While Chromium requires a plugin for both the PDF viewer and the flash player.
- Chromium supports three media codes, Vorbis, WebM, and Theora. Chrome supports six media Vorbis, WebM, Theora, AAC, MP3, and H.264.
- The print preview system is available in Chrome, but not in Chromium.
- The automatic updates option is available in Chrome, while in Chromium users must manually install updates.
- Chromium is open source software, so Chromium offers updates frequently while Chrome updates are released after some time.
- Chromium is more popular on Linux OS while Chrome is more popular on Windows OS and mobiles.
- Chrome is also available for iOS while Chromium is not available for iOS.