Due to lack of knowledge, people often use both terms interchangeably, but both terms are quite different from each other. It is worth mentioning that leader is the most positive word compared to the boss, whose sole purpose is to get the job done on time. After this, a boss can be a leader at the same time, but not all bosses are leaders. A boss is a person in the organization who orders his employees to do the tasks, while the leader inspires his followers, motivates his subordinates, and himself leads from the front to get any task done. use his employees well for the specific task, while a leader develops his followers in such a way that they can face obstacles in the future.
|Principal function||The boss orders his employees to do their homework while he rests.||The leader leads from the front for any cause.|
|Influence||The boss inspires fear among the employees as he has the authority to hire and fire.||The leader motivates and inspires subordinates by setting an example.|
|Teamwork||The word ‘I’ is often associated with the boss, it is used here to show superiority and authority over the employees.||The leader creates the feeling of ‘we’ among his followers and promotes teamwork.|
|Credit||After the success of the project or cause, the boss gets all the credit.||The leader gives credit to his entire team.|
|Subordinate Skills||The boss uses the skills of his employee for a certain job.||The leader develops the abilities of his subordinates in such a way that they can easily deal with problems in the future.|
What is Boss?
Boss is the head of the organization, who can be the leader with a change in his dealings with his applies. The term boss has negative connotations as they are famous for using employees for the sake of their personal name. According to the common mindset, the boss who has the authoritative power orders the employees to do the tasks, and when he is done, he takes the maximum of the credit and the profits with him. The word ‘I’ is often associated with the boss, it is used here to show superiority and authority over the employees. Even having the authority to hire or fire, the boss strikes fear in the eyes of employees. For this reason, the employees respect him up front, but his absence shows his anger at giving work in short terms and taking all the credit. Apart from claiming all thanks,
What is Leader?
A leader is a term used for an individual who inspires others by setting an example. Other than that, he leads from the front and leads his followers to success. Even being a helping hand, motivating and inspiring people, the leader gives credit to the people who work with him. The leader has a clear vision and remains committed to the goal. No matter how much difficulty comes up to achieve his goals, he never faints and constantly strives to achieve things. Seeing his courage, commitment and vision, people strongly support him for the great cause. If certain problems arose, he solves them and keeps the morale of his men high. The leader believes in unity and teamwork. Therefore, he creates the feeling of ‘we’ among his followers and promotes teamwork.
boss vs leader
- The boss orders his employees to do homework while he rests, while the leader directs from the front for whatever reason.
- The boss inspires fear among employees as he has the authority to hire and fire, while the leader motivates and inspires subordinates by setting an example.
- The word ‘I’ is often associated with the boss, it is used here to show superiority and authority over the employees. On the other hand, the leader creates the feeling of ‘we’ among his followers and promotes teamwork.
- Upon the success of the project or cause, the boss takes credit for himself while the leader gives credit to his entire team.
- The boss uses the skills of his employees for a certain job, while the leader develops the skills of his subordinates in such a way that they can easily deal with problems in the future.