Difference between book and novel
The differences between book and novel is that a book can be anything from fiction to non-fiction and the novel is necessarily a fiction book. The difference between book and novel lies in their meanings. All books are not novels, but all novels are indeed books. The best way to understand the difference between a book and a novel is to clarify the terms individually.
|A book can be anything from fiction to non-fiction.||The novel is necessarily a book of fiction.|
|Books can be stories, poetry, workbooks, etc.||Novels are just books that contain stories.|
|Author is the person who writes the book.||Novelist is a person who writes the novel. Novelists are also sometimes called writers.|
|The book is written to discuss an issue or a topic.||The novel is written to talk about a story from beginning to end.|
|Number of words|
|Not specified||A novel has more than 40 thousand written words.|
What is a book?
A book can be anything from fiction to non-fiction. This term is used to refer to any written material on the subjects studied by the students, a work of non-fiction, a work of poetry, a novel, or a work written on any discipline for that matter. Also, a book writer is called the author of that book. So the purpose of a book is to explore the topic the book is being written about. It deals with the rudiments of that specific topic, explains the various principles underlying the rudiments, and finally points to successful completion. Books are also used to speak of a set of blank papers that are bound so that someone can write. For example, a notebook and a workbook.
While on the other hand Novel is a fiction book. Also, a novel is a term used to refer only to written content that contains a story described in detail. Therefore, it can be said that a novel is a subset of the book. Novelist is a person who writes the novel. It is interesting to note that sometimes a novelist is also called a writer. The purpose of writing a novel is to tell a story. Autobiographies are also considered novels when they tell a story about the celebrity who writes it. An autobiography is usually considered non-fiction because a true life tells the story of someone’s life. However, sometimes authors tend to use fictional elements with autobiographical elements, which is when autobiographies are considered novels. In fact, they have a special term called autobiographical novel. A novel has more than 40 thousand written words. Usually 60k or more words.
- A book can be anything from fiction to nonfiction, and the novel is necessarily a book of fiction.
- Novels can be called a subset of books, and books cannot be called a subset of novels.
- All novels are books and all books are not novels.
- Book is used to talk about a set of blank pages that are joined so that someone can write. For example, notebook and exercise books.
- Books can be short stories, poetry, workbooks, etc. while novels are just books that contain stories.
- The novelist is a person who writes the novel and the author is the person who writes the book. Novelists are also sometimes called writers.
- A novel is written to tell a story from beginning to end, while a book is written to discuss a topic.