The main difference between Attraction and Lust is that Attraction is a surprising affection or interest, while Lust is an intense passion or longing.
attraction versus lust
Attraction is a strong liking for someone or something, while lust is an uncontrollable, limitless craving or craving. Attraction is a natural feeling and can be considered essential to the success of romantic relationships. In contrast, lust is deliberately ethically wrong.
Attraction has a positive connotation or conveys a positive meaning. On the contrary, lust has a negative connotation or conveys a negative meaning. Attraction is a sincere relationship with your partner, while lust is just about sexual activities.
When you’re attracted to someone, you want to spend quality time with them. On the contrary, when he lusts, he would like to keep the relationship on the imaginary level and would not want to discuss factual things. In attraction, you lose yourself in the conversation and neglect the passing of the hours. On the other hand, in lust, you are only focused on a person’s appearance and body, and you are not interested in a conversation.
Attraction causes a person to do things that please their partner and make them strive to be a better person. In contrast, lust is not about pleasing others or sharing in others’ sorrows and happiness, but only about partaking in physical pleasures. Attraction is natural, but lust is a psychological problem.
When you are attracted to someone, you want to be around them all the time. On the contrary, when a person is lustful, he feels a sense of discomfort and disdain for the company of his partner. Attraction or love is an emotional connection. On the other hand, lust is purely a physical connection.
|Attraction is defined as a strong liking or interest in someone.||Lust is defined as a longing or intense desire for sexual activity.|
|positive connotation||negative connotation|
|emotional connection||physical connection|
|Takes time||Impulsive or immediate|
|deep inside the soul||skim the surface|
|Slow but safe||short and sudden|
|About you and the people linked to you||only about you|
|dopamine and norepinephrine||Testosterone and estrogen|
|When your partner’s well-being is a higher priority than your cravings, you feel attracted or in love.||When your only preference is your desire and you have no concern for your partner’s well-being, then it is called lust.|
What is Attraction?
A feeling of longing to be with someone, to share your happiness and pain with someone, or to feel emotionally connected is called an attraction. In attraction, a person wants to listen to their partner’s needs and their relationship is not just about being physical. A person in love or attracted wants to meet the friends of his partner and the people related to her partner.
Attraction is rooted in delayed gratification, which means it takes time and slowly and steadily increases day by day. Attraction is a marathon, which gives a person the joy of being accepted. Attraction is letting your guard down towards the person you love and granting your partner access to those areas of your life you don’t even want to visit.
Attraction is confiding in your partner your uncertainties and expectations, sharing stories of shame and pride, hope and disappointment, and making yourself known to the one you love. The attraction is rooted in deep obligation and patience.
Attraction is rooted in attachment and strong bonding that proliferates over time. Attraction is felt as an aspiration and need for affection with various factors such as genetic, social, traditional and psychological factors that regulate its development.
The attraction is neither possessive nor dependent on the body. In love or attraction, you are willing to let your partner walk away from you if that is better for him. When a person’s well-being and happiness become more relevant to you than your desires, then it’s called love or attraction.
What is lust?
The powerful longing for sexual gratification is called lust. Extreme sexual desire fueled by physical connection is lust.
Lust is only about satisfying your physical pleasures. A lustful person does not care about the welfare or happiness of her partner. In lust, a person does not want to spend quality time with their partner, listen to their needs, meet their partner’s beloved friends or family, or have intimate conversations.
Lust is deeply rooted in instant comfort. It is a sudden and immediate feeling of extreme desire that is not eternal or lasting. Lust is a mental state that only focuses on body parts, seduction, power, fiction and enthusiasm.
In a lustful relationship, a person does not trust his partner with fears or hopes, nor does he make himself known to his supposed love. Lust is fleeting, slowly and steadily diminishing day by day, fading with time. Lust is like a roller coaster of emotions, or a whirlwind of strong desires for physical connection and pleasures, motivated by biological forces and triggered by our reward center.
Lust is being possessive or dependent on the body so that physical pleasures can be satisfied. Many religions have declared that lust is morally inappropriate and leads to sin. Lust should not be confused with passion or sexual attraction. If there is an uncontrollable desire regardless of the consequences that leads to harmful actions, then it is called lust.
- Attraction is defined as an act of supremacy that arouses someone’s interest or likes someone or something fervently; on the other hand, lust is a feeling, an emotion, or an intense desire for sexual activity.
- Attraction refers to the positive meanings of love; on the other hand, lust refers to the negative meanings of physical obsession.
- Attraction or love is a marathon that is the essence of all religion. On the contrary, lust is prohibited in many religions as it is a deadly and morally wrong sin.
- Attraction is under control with consequences and results in mind, while lust is uncontrollable desire with no consequences in mind.
- Attraction is more about your partner’s happiness; on the other hand, lust is simply your personal enjoyment without any concern for the welfare of your partner.
- The attraction can occur both with living beings and with non-living beings, such as design, architecture, etc. In contrast, lust is only satisfied by the human body.
- Attraction sees many characteristics other than physical appearances, such as intelligence, qualities, and character traits. On the other hand, the only concern in lust is a person’s body and appearance.
- In attraction, you are eager to spend quality time with your partner, have intimate conversations, share stories of shame and pride, trust with fears and hopes, and let your guard down for each other. On the contrary, lust only deals with body parts, seduction, imagination and enthusiasm.
- In attraction, you like to discuss things in reality; on the other hand, a lustful person avoids reality.
Attraction is a deep and timeless emotional connection that has positive meanings, while lust is a shallow and fleeting physical connection that has negative meanings. Attraction is related to your partner’s happiness, while lust is related to your personal enjoyment.