For the power of Apple mobile devices, Apple Inc. has introduced a multiple range of Apple mobile device processors on chip. They are very useful for consumer devices because they are packed with new features, provide better performance and higher speed, and the consumer can also upgrade their RAM. We will now discuss about Apple A7 and A8 processors one by one before understanding the difference between the two.
What is Apple A7?
Apple A7 is Apple’s first 64-bit processor, which was used in the iPhone 5S. With the development of the processor, the iPhone 5S shows twice the speed and great performance than before. It is very beneficial for users because now they can upgrade their RAM up to 4GB and can make their devices speed up faster and can get better performance than before. Until now, Apple A7 is accepted as the fastest processor in history. The screen size of Apple A7 is larger than iPhone 6. So obviously the consumer can have a lot of fun and enjoyment in viewing the big pictures and videos. Also, the 4-megapixel front camera and the 14-megapixel rear camera they’re also enough to double the fun. If you talk about internet, they will provide you with 4G technology.
What is Apple A8?
The Apple A8 processor is the upgrade version of the Apple A7. Apple introduced this processor in iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Its performance is even higher than that of the Apple A7 processor. According to Apple Inc., its CPU performance is 25%, graphics performance is 50%, and power performance is 50% more than Apple A7 processors. It was introduced on September 9, 2014. Almost twice as many transistors, about 2 billion transistors are on the chip. They are manufactured by TSMC and their size is less than 13% of Apple A7 processors. This is also a dual core processor which is clocked at 1.38 GHz.
- Apple A7 processors were introduced first while Apple A8 processors are the latest processors from Apple.
- Apple A8 processors made the devices performance superior to Apple A7 processors.
- Apple A8 CPU performance is 25% more than Apple A7
- The graphics performance of Apple A8 is 50% more than that of Apple A7.
- The energy efficiency of the Apple A8 is 50% higher than that of the Apple A7.
- Samsung made Apple A7 processors while Apple A8 processors are made by TSMC.
- The physical size of the Apple A8 processors is 89mm, which is less than 13% of the size of the Apple A7 processors.
- There are 2 billion transistors in the Apple A8 processor chip, while the number of transistors in the Apple A7 processor is one billion.
- Apple A7 processors are 1 year old technology while Apple A8 is recent technology released 2 months ago.