Difference between Academic and Applied Mathematics
Academic mathematics are those that do not seek to solve everyday problems, but seek to achieve the best performance of the student, they are the branches of mathematics related to the task of learning.
They are those that are not oriented to the resolution of daily or non-daily problems that seek to try to obtain the best performance of the students by providing them with the necessary tools for the development of their skills and abilities. Their objective is that they seek to build theoretical, coherent and global explanations to understand the educational phenomenon and help to solve typical problematic situations in the educational field.
They are all those mathematical methods and tools that are used in the analysis or resolution of problems that belong to basic or applied sciences such as linear algebra, calculus, differential equations and others.
Many of his methods are effective in studying problems in physics, biology, chemistry, medicine, social sciences, computer science, finance, ecology, and economics. Look for the application or transfer of mathematics to other areas.
Differences between academic mathematics and applied mathematics
- Applied mathematics are those that are used for the analysis and resolution of problems that belong to basic sciences such as linear algebra, calculus and differential equations.
- Applied mathematics is aimed at solving everyday and non-everyday problems to which solutions are given.
- Applied mathematics is used to solve real problems in different areas of human knowledge.
- Academic mathematics is not geared towards solving everyday or non-everyday problems. They only seek greater student performance by providing the necessary tools for the development of their skills.
- Academic mathematics seeks to build theoretical and coherent explanations to understand education and solve problems in the educational field.
- Applied mathematics is the practical application of the branches that make up mathematics in a real context.
- Applied mathematics is the basic knowledge that is demanding and is oriented towards the academic training of students.